Establishing a disciplined workout routine does wonders for our health, but it can be difficult to remain motivated before and during the workout.
Let’s admit it, the act of exercising itself is not always enjoyable. We do it mostly for the results and future health benefits, but it can be tough to overcome the fatigue and pain of the actual physical exercises.
That’s why the majority of people look for ways to take their minds off the actual work, normally by listening to music.
Music not only supplies a diversion but also renders the determination and stimulation needed to maximize effort. You might not feel like going to the gym today, but put on your best music and suddenly you’re charged and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be helpful for individuals with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aid models, you can stream your favorite music directly from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any cables getting in the way.
Alternatively, if you’re in the learning mode, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or internet courses, developing both your mental and physical health at the same time.
Have an exercise partner instead?
Modern hearing aid models, equipped with directional microphones, focus on and accentuate speech while suppressing background noise, making it easier to maintain a discussion with your partner in an active gym.
For all of these reasons hearing aids are indispensable gym equipment, but you may be concerned about possible damage to the device from sweat and moisture.
While the majority of hearing aid models are resistant to dirt and moisture to some degree, there are some accessories you can use to protect your hearing aids at the gym.
Give some thought to investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, protecting them from sweat and debris.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to avoid damage or loss if your hearing aids become unintentionally dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – retaining an extra pair on hand assures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids after your workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) remove moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) supply a safe place for storage overnight.
With a little care and planning, you can safely enjoy all the advantages of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to learn more about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!